Happy Easter Friends!!!
Hopefully your bellies are full and hearts are even fuller! I love nothing more than a good ol’ day with the family!!! Today we enjoyed a nice Easter lunch and we might have hid a few Easter eggs in some not so easy to find places 🙂 Those days of hunting eggs were the best!
There’s a good chance your day was filled with lots of sugar and some not so healthy food. Don’t get me wrong, all that stuff is so delicious, but we need to consume it in moderation. Taking care of your body and filling it with the proper ingredients is so very important!
I knew that there would be plenty of the traditional foods at our gathering. So being the health food advocate, I wanted to bring something really healthy but also SUPER delicious. We never want to skimp out on flavor. I also wanted to bring something that would be good for portion control. So what did I decide? White vegetable lasagna “cupcakes”. These things were such a huge hit! I cant even tell you how many times I got asked “what are these things?” LOL, and I’m pretty sure nobody had any idea they are so healthy! I just put them right up there along with all the other food and let everyone enjoy for themselves! And that’s how its done—making healthy foods one get-together at a time 🙂
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz zucchini, shredded (I shredded mine using the side of a box grater)
- 3 oz broccoli, diced small
- 2 oz carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, divided
- ¾ cup light Alfredo sauce (I prefer Classico)
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded 2% reduced fat Mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 8 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring the oil over medium heat in a large skillet or sauté pan. Add the vegetables and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are cooked and slightly softened. Transfer the vegetables to a mixing bowl and stir in one teaspoon of the Italian seasoning. Add the light Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the eight sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the ricotta, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Follow by spooning some of the veggie mixture into each cup (using about half the total mixture). Sprinkle about half the mozzarella evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining ingredients. Top each finished “cupcake” with ¼ teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and then divide the remaining teaspoon of Italian seasoning over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Next, grab that fancy platter you never use!!! Place the “cupcakes” on there oh so carefully, add a little watermelon in the middle bowl, and out the door you go!
And then of course top your Easter holiday off with a nice family walk at the park!!! It’s a great way to work off some of those calories and enjoy the sunshine! As always little Mila loves to tag along!!! Side note: wouldn’t it be so nice to be carried everywhere you go…like, what a DIVA 🙂